What's new in EASE 8.4
Support for text files (VHDL/Verilog/Miscellaneous) in libraries
The text file object allows you to store a text file in the EASE database. The files can be of type VHDL, Verilog or miscellaneous. The miscellaneous can be of any type but should have a ASCII contents. They could contain Modelsim DO or TCL file, test vectors, etc. When they have a VHDL or Verilog contents the files are treated like the external HDL files.
‘HDL generation results’ and ‘HDL import results’ tab pages
The results of the HDL import and HDL generations are now presented in a tab window inside the Console window. The title bar of the window contains the summary of the results.
Environment variables (platform specific) at corporate level
In several places in an EASE project you can use environment variables to specify file locations or output directories. To make the use of these variables easier you can now define them in the corporate environment. Variables can have different values on Windows and Linux.
Improvements & bug fixes:
- Generics are now allowed to have a Virtual Record type.
- When opening another project do not close the previous project until a new project has been selected so the project will not be closed when using cancel during new project selection.
- Show tooltips for (complex) types in net/port/entity/component dialogs.
- Id 1776: Support for action buttons in corporate/user menus.xml file
- Id 1777: Support for shortcuts in corporate/user menus.xml file
- Id 1690: different colors for nets that have different types (array/record/scalar/virtual record).
- Id 1709: HDL flow log window is now in one of the console tab pages. This allows opening files using an external editor when clicking on the messages.
- Id 1742: Support for customizable object headers in generated HDL.
- New lint checks (check for unsynthesizable code).
- New dialog to open/save projects (the old dialog could be very slow when used on network drives).
- Component Remap in the block diagram editor now works for all selected components.
- VCM specific changes (Ease Team Edition only):
- Update workspace will now show log containing messages about updated and added objects.
- VCM log dialog now allows specification of start and end version.
- Performance improvements for library wide actions (status verification, add managed library, update).
- Show list of existing branches/tags in the dialog when creating a new branch/tag.
- Added "Update" button to VCM status log so it is possible to update multiple selected units in one action (does not work for project and libraries).
- Support for VCM diff on project and library versions (only for versions checked-in with Ease 8.4 or later).
- Support for VCM diff on virtual package versions (only for versions checked-in with Ease 8.4 or later).
- Support for VCM diff on text files (both HDL and non-HDL files).
- Improved error message format when multiple files are locked during check out.
- VCM log now shows tags in order of revision number.
|Windows (64-bit only):||Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10|
|Linux (64-bit only):||Should work with any recent distribution.
Tested with RHEL 6 and RHEL 7.
More about EASE