HDL WORKS PRESENTS EASE 8.4
January 2017, HDL Works announces the release and immediate availability of
EASE 8.4, the Graphical HDL Design tool.
EASE is the most intuitive Graphical HDL Design Entry tool in the industry. Providing the user with a better means of communication, documentation, design entry and modification for any HDL design targeted for FPGA or ASIC. With its four integrated editors (block diagram, state diagram, truth table and text editors) EASE offers a suitable design entry for every HDL requirement. It includes integration with the industry standard revision control system Subversion for real multi-user support.
What's new in EASE 8.4
Support for text files (VHDL/Verilog/Miscellaneous) in libraries
The text file object allows you to store a text file in the EASE database. The files can be of type VHDL, Verilog or miscellaneous. The miscellaneous can be of any type but should have a ASCII contents. They could contain Modelsim DO or TCL file, test vectors, etc. When they have a VHDL or Verilog contents the files are treated like the external HDL files.
‘HDL generation results’ and ‘HDL import results’ tab pages
The results of the HDL import and HDL generations are now presented in a tab window inside the Console window. The title bar of the window contains the summary of the results.
Environment variables (platform specific) at corporate level
In several places in an EASE project you can use environment variables to specify file locations or output directories. To make the use of these variables easier you can now define them in the corporate environment. Variables can have different values on Windows and Linux.
Various Subversion improvements
- Update workspace will now show log containing messages about updated and added objects.
- VCM log dialog now allows specification of start and end version.
- Performance improvements for library wide actions (status verification, add managed library, update).
- Show list of existing branches/tags in the dialog when creating a new branch/tag.
- Added "Update" button to VCM status log so it is possible to update multiple selected units in one action (does not work for project and libraries).
- Support for VCM diff on project and library versions (only for versions checked in with Ease 8.4 Beta 6 or later).
- Support for VCM diff on virtual package versions (only for versions checked in with Ease 8.4 Beta 6 or later).
- Support for VCM diff on text files (both HDL and non-HDL files).
- Improved error message format when multiple files are locked during check out.
- VCM log now shows tags in order of revision number.
Availability and Pricing
EASE 8.4 is available now. Prices begin at € 4800 for a perpetual license. EASE can be downloaded and evaluated freely from the HDL Works website.
About HDL Works
HDL Works develops and markets high-performance, intuitive tools for complex HDL design across a wide spectrum of applications. Its software products are available for Linux and Windows platforms. HDL Works currently holds ConnTrace, EASE, HDL Companion, IO Checker and Scriptum in its product portfolio. Headquartered in Ede, The Netherlands, HDL Works is privately held.HDL Works BV
6716 BX Ede
ConnTrace, EASE, HDL Companion, IO Checker and Scriptum are trademarks of HDL Works.